You tweet something that you think is amazing- but no one retweets it. No one event favorites it. What are you doing wrong?
Not necessarily anything…
...But here are 5 tips on getting you more retweets.
1) Use more colorful images. Using color makes your tweets stand out. Tweets with images get 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets. Images with rich, saturated colors do even better- sometimes getting five times more retweets.
2) Use mini infographics and charts. People like looking at visuals- that’s no surprise. Include these visuals to increase the likelihood that people will retweet what you’re putting out there.
3) Have a sense of humor. When people laugh at your tweet, they are more likely to retweet it. Most of us spend our day doing mundane office tasks, so make us laugh!
4) Give us some useful content. Tell me something that I don’t already know and that makes my life way easier, and I will be more likely to tell my friends with a retweet. People love to share relevant content.
5) Be you. Your tweets don’t have to be all business. Sometimes, people just like to see real life posts of real life people doing real life things. Share bits of your life with your audience.
Experiment. Play around with these different methods and see what works for you. You may find that you are more successful with one technique than the other, but remember; variety is the spice of life!